Thank you for your interest in employment with the Ridgecrest Charter School. To assist you, here is information relative to our application process:
Please read and follow directions on the application:
- Complete all pages of the application.
- If you are applying for an open position, a letter of interest must also accompany the application.
- The following materials must accompany your application:
- A copy of the credential(s) you currently hold
- Three letters of recommendation attesting to teaching ability
- CBEST verification
- A copy of your college transcripts.
Applications are accepted at any time. We are unable to consider unsigned or incomplete applications.
Applicants selected for an interview will be contacted by telephone. We will keep your file active for two years. You may send additional material to update or enhance your file at any time.
All certificated job openings are located on the Internet at EDJOIN.org.
We are actively seeking a Multi-subject Elementary Teacher.
What does it take to teach in California? click link below for more information
All open-to-the-public classified positions are posted on the Internet at EDJOIN.org.
Applications are accepted for substitute teachers throughout the year.
For more information about the application process to become a substitute teacher, please call Tammy Stoffel at 760-375-1010 EXT. 1024.
You will need to hold a current Teaching Credential or qualify for a Substitute Teachers Permit as follows:
Requirements for the Emergency 30-Day Permit
Individuals must satisfy all of the following requirements:
1) Hold a baccalaureate or higher degree from a regionally-accredited college or university.
2) Pass the California Basic Educational Skills Test (CBEST).
3) Submit the proper application form with the application fee.
4) Receive fingerprint clearance. Please contact Tammy Stoffel at 760-375-1010 EXT 1024 to get the fingerprint application.
Note: Please apply directly to the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing.
Applications and Salary Schedules
- Click Here for Teachers Application
- Click Here for Classified Application
- Click Here for our 2016-2017 Salary Schedule
Criminal Records Summaries: All employees of the School, volunteers who are not parents and who will be performing services that are not under the direct supervision of a School employee, and onsite vendors having unsupervised contact with students will submit to background checks and fingerprinting in accordance with EC Section 45125.1. This serves as certification that all employees, and volunteers/vendors (as applicable) have clear criminal records. The School has performed criminal background checks for all employees and documentation that vendors have conducted required criminal background checks for their employees prior to any unsupervised contact with students.
Teacher Credentials and Highly Qualified Teacher Requirements: This serves as certification that all teachers hold a Commission on Teacher Credentialing certificate, permit, or other document equivalent to that which teachers in other public schools are required to hold, except as otherwise exempted by the Charter Schools Act. The certification also covers the School’s compliance with the federal No Child Left Behind (NCLB) highly qualified teacher requirements. The School has documentation on file of its teachers’ credentials and that the teachers of any NCLB core subject meet the highly qualified teacher requirements.